Friday, September 17, 2010

Hello!

This is my first time blogging, so you may have to bear with me a little bit as I get my feet wet.


If you read the About Andy section, you already know a bit, but maybe I can fill in a few details.


I’ve been married for just over a year, but my husband (B) and I have lived apart for over half of that. I was finishing up school, and he was stationed in California. He’s currently deployed to Afghanistan, but we are looking forward to finally living together permanently once he gets back home in a few months. Since he was gone for our anniversary, I think I may plan a surprise for him once we hit 365 days of actually living in the same state. We’re at 120 now, so I have some time to think of something good.


No kids or pets yet, but I’m hoping we can change that once he gets home. Either one works. :) Oh, I take that back, I do have a fish, a Beta named Pretty Boy, who survived two years of college with me and countless six hour drives between college and my hometown. He’s pretty much a super-fish. I’m living with my parents while B is deployed, and we have three dogs and two cats that ran rampant around our property (and our neighbors too of course), so for now I am covered on the pet-front.


I was born and raised in SW Washington State, and I swear I spent half of my youth running around in the woods. I still do it now, whenever I feel the need to get away. It gets a little more difficult this time of the year, I can hear the rain through the window and over my iTunes.


And with that I will sign off for the night, it’s past dinnertime and my stomach is grumbling. I’m heading into town tomorrow to try on some dresses. One of the perks of being a Marine wife is that there is a Birthday Ball each year…and that means I get to buy a formal gown and get all dressed up. :)

1 comment:

  1. Aww I hope your hubs comes home soon!! This is a good place to talk, there are a lot of mil wives. I have a beta, too. His name is Brutus. He's had quite a few trips from NC to NY and back! : )

    lindseyl0ve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete