Saturday, October 2, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

What a fantastic start to the weekend!

Today was my last day at work. On one hand I am excited because it means that summer is officially over and B will be home soon, on the other hand I had a lot of fun working there and I will certainly miss the people in the office.

I graduated from Eastern Washington University in June and finally received my diploma in the mail yesterday. My parents bought me a video camera for a graduation present (no diploma = no gift, :) hence why I am getting it now. :) ). I have been wanting one for some time. I cannot wait to take it on our trip and record everything. Some moments and images just can't be captured on a regular camera. I'll be sure to post some of them on here.

To top off my night, B was able to call. :) I am so lucky to hear from him about once every ten days or so, and this conversation was longer than almost any other, almost thirty minutes (minus the time for a few losses of service and the usual). It is always so good to hear his voice and I cannot wait to have him back stateside again. I will be moving our stuff from our storage unit to a house on base, but I would not trust myself to drive any sort of large truck so we'll see how that works out. :)

Tomorrow should be another busy day. I am going to a gun show with my Grandpa tomorrow morning. There is usually one around here every month, and he is teaching me more and more about guns at each show. Then I am heading to the mall with a friend, getting our car fitted for chains (though I sure hope we don't end up needing them on the trip), and possibly attempting to get an enhanced driver's license. Plus I need to find a heavy duty case for my new camera! In general, electronics don't really like me; a (high) number of them have up and quite for no discernible reason.

Only three days until the big trip! I am basically packed, which means I have my bags packed, but I will still be cramming last minute things into any spare space in the trunk once we load up. We've also done some grocery shopping. We have bottled water, Monsters, cereal, granola bars and fruit leather, along with lots of other "road-friendly" snacks.

Sunday or Monday I hope to get a little bit of relaxing in, and finish updating the trip itinerary. I am definitely a "planner" and I would really like to have all of our daytime stops planned out before we leave. If I have any time, there is a grist mill out not too far from where I live; I'm hoping to get my sister and her daughter out there to take some fall pictures for them. :) I'm not a photographer by any means, but they are both photogenic so it makes it easier. :)

On a side note, I am working on adding a few pages to the tabs up top. I have added one with a map of the basic trip that we will be following. I am also going to add in some of my favorite tried and true recipes, along with some DIY home decorating ideas that I have come across and attempted on my own. It's taking me some time to get this blogging thing figured out, but I'm working on it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment