Sunday, October 31, 2010

Day Twenty-Seven - Phoenix, Arizona

I was awake right around eight this morning, but the rest of the house was quiet so I stayed put in bed (playing solitaire...darn addiction). Jess and Amy woke up around eleven or so, but they had partied a little harder than me the night before so there wasn't much movement going on.

I eventually found the keys and drove to Wal Mart to pick up some milk for my Carnations Instant Breakfast, spotting a picture at a garage sale along the way that I wanted to check out later.

We didn't do much for the rest of the morning, except watch Dexter. I hadn't seen that show before, but it is definitely something I could love. I eventually got Jess out of the house and to the garage sale with me. The picture was of the same painting that we had in one of the hallways of our high school. I loved it then and can't believe I found it on the side of the road. Only $10 too. Definitely worth it.

Jess still wasn't feeling well, so we spent the next few hours in the house laying low. When we finally headed to her other cousin's house, it was after 5:00. Once there, we played with her adorable dog, some sort of pit bull mix I would guess, and got ready to find some dinner. We decided to see a movie (Life As We Know It) and headed to Macaroni Grill near the theater for dinner first.

The movie was fantastic! It stars Katherine Heigl and Josh Duhamel as godparents who are forced to work together to parent the orphaned baby of their two best friends. Oh, and Josh Lucas is also in the movie (love him and his accent) - he was the leading guy in Sweet Home Alabama.

And with that, I'm off to bed. We leave early tomorrow morning for breakfast and then hopefully to Camp Pendleton in time for me to sign the lease for my house. :) I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment