Thursday, October 21, 2010

Day Seventeen - Sanford, North Carolina

Today was wonderfully relaxing, and in the spirit of continuing that, tonight's post will be short. :)

Bryce called at 4:45 this morning (which in my sleepy stupor I thought was 1:45, since my computer is still set on west coast time), which was amazingly fantastic. Poor Jess, she gets to hear me announce the number of days until he comes home, usually at least three times per day.

I don't think I woke up until at least 10:30 this morning, and didn't actually get out of bed until almost noon. Well, I was on the phone with my mom so I was in the game room, but still. Jess took Marie and Matt to school this morning, then went back to bed until noon too.

We eventually went downstairs and found some cereal for breakfast while Charlotte ate lunch. :) We hung around for a few hours, then left with Charlotte to pick up Marie and Matt from school. We all went to view / pick out Marie's senior pictures right after. Her pictures were gorgeous; people always say this, but I can't believe how grown up she is (they both are).

Then we headed to the store so Marie could pick up a costume and so that Charlotte could pick one out for Stevie. I don't think Jess and I will be dressing up this year since we'll still be on the road.

We didn't get back to the house until almost six. Jess helped Charlotte make dinner. I can't remember the name, but it was a Danish dish, similar to meatloaf but with pork and without the crackers. It was delicious! It is so nice to have a home-cooked meal (not to mention the bed and the bathroom with a shower!). We watched some TV after dinner, and got to see one of the tapes of Marie and Charlotte dancing at a recital. Charlotte and I stayed up for another hour or so watching TV and chatting while Marie did homework (something I certainly do not miss :) ). But then it was time for bed. We were supposed to leave for Atlanta tomorrow morning, but we are going to stay another day and hopefully see Stevie before we leave for Nashville.

No comments:

Post a Comment